The Over Fifty Starting Over podcast
Inspiration and Information for people championing their third act
Authors, podcasters and people with inspirational comeback stories. Lots of metaphysical discussions. Current events and their immediate implications. Tips for improving ourselves, relationships and careers. For people who want to get just a little bit better every day.
Host Barry Edwards. Frequent co-host, Merle Garrison. Fast-paced, one-hour intellectual discussions in an entertaining format.
Email us to ask questions or give us your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe to your favorite platform!
Subscribe to our podcast channels:
• Most recent podcast •
September 18, 2020
I have watched since the beginning and I now have my wife Christina asking if the next episode is ready. I don’t agree with everything they talk about but what they do is promote a conversation that allows you to see different sides. There knowledge base is vast and what they might not know they can easily get on the fly, I love to hear about there life’s ups and downs. I feel like I am in the room listening to them banter back and forth.
If you haven’t been following start, well worth the time.
Thank you for helping me become a smarter and better human being
— Tim Newman
Looking for guest speakers!
If interested, please fill out this short form. Here are some topics I want to cover:
Grandparenting horror stories
- When your dependent has a dependent (older parents).
- When your son/daughter is dependent (drugs… finances).
- You had a different vision of your last third of life, now you’re raising your kid’s kids.
Dating Over 50
- How to navigate dating apps
- How different is it today vs 20+ years ago?
- Are sexual expectations different?
- Romance scams – online scams on your nest egg ic3.gov – scams
Losing your spouse Over 50
- Unexpected hurdles
- Dealing with loneliness
- Monetary concerns
- Share success rebounds
- Share learned secrets, techniques
The Meaning of Life