OverFiftyStartingOver is the DIY training program powered by Edwards Communications‘ premium branding and lead generation services. It covers every major aspect of getting your Best Brand in place so that you can turn more prospects into customers.
If you’re spending money on Facebook ads, Google Adwords… or even traditional advertising, and you’re not converting these prospects into customers, than this is the program for you.
This is the step-by-step base program put together by me, Barry Edwards that contains everything needed for many local businesses (meaning businesses that obtain their customers in a 5-30 mile radius of their business) to begin converting prospects into customers.
While I offer more services to my customers with Edwards Communications, such as prospect building campaigns like Google Adwords, Facebook ads, trade show design, direct mail and so on, I wouldn’t suggest investing in these lead generating phases until you have your Best Brand in place, as it will help you define your:
- Best niche and target audience
- Best Unique Personal Avatar (or Target Persona)
- Your Unique Value Propositions – that best define your products and services
- Your credibility, credentials and personal brand story
The better focused you are on your industry niche and target audience, the better you are relating to the customers that you value the most.
Gone will be the days of battling your competitors for lowest price.
Module 1: Finding your place
Like building a house, our first decisions will be where we want to build it — and this means we have to answer these questions for ourselves:
- what we want our surroundings to be (our offices or lack thereof)
- our lifestyles (how much money we expect for the effort we’re willing to put in)
- who we want as our neighbors (our customers or target audience)
We need to understand the importance of defining these decisions before we start designing the home… much less break ground.
Whether you’re embarking on a new, entrepreneurial career right now, or simply overhauling the company that you started some years ago, these questions and answers at this stage will define our companies’ brands and their effectiveness to connect our prospects to us, as we’re intrinsically linked to our brands – for better or worse.
To make this analogy more clear – when we embarked on our new career path, there was a reason it excited us… an angle or passion. But, sometimes some of us find ourselves well down our paths and begin questioning our passion (I’VE BEEN THERE) at which point, we need to revisit this area and discern if:
- We simply lost our way – lost track of WHY we chose this job – and need to correct course (or at least better define it).
- Or, we’ve never been following our true passions at all, but have been guided by our limited beliefs (and I think most of us are effected by this to some degree).
In this Module, we’ll explore and define what we most want from our new brand… our re-brand. With these results we’ll be able to define:
- Our target audience and Unique Customer Avatars
- The niche that we’d like to laser focus on, so we get more of the customers that we want
- our Mission Statement that keeps us, and our staff, focused on what matters most
- our Signature Services and our Unique Value Propositions that differentiate them
Module 2: Establishing the structure
Now we’re sure of what our new home means to us — within our means and value systems — so now we begin to build it!
We all know the importance of a strong foundation and sturdy frame. The same is said for our company as we break ground to build our Best Brand! I’m going to lay out a couple of VERY IMPORTANT pieces of advice before we get started:
- Don’t get distracted by the shiny objects (design… remember, this is coming from a lifelong brand designer)
- Don’t let technology sidetrack you indefinitely
- Know when to back away to regain perspective
There are a lot of creative decisions that we’ll be making on this journey and you can second guess them for the rest of eternity if you go down that rabbit hole. Likewise, I give a lot of suggestions of new free software that is supposed to make your life easier, but it can sometimes e overwhelming. So, I will make suggestions along the way of how you may want to outsource your logo or website (inexpensively) in order to get you back on track, because we need you making money — not spending all your time and brain power learning how to be a professional production artist.
In this module, I’ll walk you through the How To’s and How NOT To’s of coming up with your:
- logo and slogan
- business card design
- website structure
Module 3: Adding the contents
In keeping with our home building analogy, we’re now at the point where we have a beautiful structure, but we need to move in. We need to add the right flooring, furniture and decor that makes this YOUR home – not just anyone’s home.
With our essential design elements in place, we’ll use our established logo, colors, fonts and services to build out the content of our website in it’s best light possible, so your target audience:
- knows that they’re in the right place — within two seconds
- find the credibility that they’re looking for next
- find easy-to-read excerpts of your services next
- and then find the trust-building content that they’re looking for next
We’ll wrap this package in an SEO-friendly wrapper:
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is extremely important so that our website is getting found for exactly what we intend in our geographic location. In other words, we now have this gorgeous house — we just need our neighbors (target audience) to be able to find it!
So with this final module I’ll teach you the basics of creating a site that Google likes and trusts. If we can get you on the lauded first page of Google Search Engine Results (SERPs), your new brand will be competing with your competition and may the Best Brand win! So here we’ll make sure that we
- claim and register our brand with Google
- add our branding content to our site with best SEO practices in mind
- register with necessary mega directories and social media that will increase our street cred with Google